No image

Five-year sponsorship bar for people who were sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse or partner

If a spouse or partner sponsored you, you cannot sponsor a new spouse or partner within five years of becoming a permanent resident. This rule applies even if you got your Canadian citizenship within those five years. Other members of the Family Class will not be affected by the rule change. Spouses and partners sponsored before March 2, 2012 (Date CIC got your sponsorship application), The five-year sponsorship bar does not apply, no matter when you became a permanent resident. Spouses and partners sponsored on or after March 2, 2012 The five-year sponsorship bar applies. You cannot sponsor someone until ...
/ / en_US, English, News


Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed. For more information please visit ...
/ / en_US, English, News

Canada Best Solutions